Dr Sylvia Ying He | Associate Professor | Department of Geography & Resource Management
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
In the era of smart cities, harnessing the emerging urban big data to inform urban transport planning and development presents both new opportunities and challenges. The new types of data, on one hand, provide complementary data to household travel survey for us to understand people's travel behaviour and various aspects of our transport systems; on the other hand, these data can be used to portray the usage patterns of emerging transport modes in our cities. In this seminar, five types of big data in travel behaviour and urban transport research will be introduced in connection to empirical case studies.
1) GPS data of dockless bike sharing served as a first-/last-mile solution,
2) Social media data for understanding transit users' perception of service quality of public transport systems,
3) Mobile phone data for understanding the impact of COVID-19 on travel mobility,
4) E-commerce data of online food delivery trips, and
5) Energy consumption data to improve the spatial planning of charging network of electric vehicles.
Members and friends are welcomed. Come and join us for meeting fellow professionals online!
Date: 10 Jun 2021 (Thu)
Time: 6:00-7:00pm (Registration starts on 5:30pm)
Venue: Online with ZOOM
CPD: 40 points (for CILTHK members)
Enrolment Deadline: 8 Jun 2021